The Story of Gracie

We are in the process of adopting a daughter from China! Our LID [Log In Date] for our paperwork in China is Sept. 12, 2005.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Name Dilemma...

Ok, for Jennifer, it didn't seem like there was much "interference" with baby name choices. We were seesawing between Gabrielle and Jennifer without much conflict or disagreement. Now, for our second go round, I don't seem to have the final say-so! Now, Mike has more of an opinion [or ast least he voices it loud and clear this time!] and Jennifer, well, being a 13 year old, has an opinion about everything under the sun, especially when it comes to baby sister names! I started off knowing, way before when, that Charlotte Grace would be the name. That was shot down by both, although I still love it. Then, Sophie Grace would be it [according to me only, apparently, although I had more support from that one.Thanks, Noreen!] We also posted a name voting site somewhere out in the WWW, which I forgot where, its been so long since we started this process!]and we noticed that we, family and friends had Grace almost every time a combination of names was made. So, Grace naturally became the first name. Middle name? I love family names [Jenn has Luria, I love that last name as part of a name!]. We want to see the name that Grace has in China as well to incorporate into the name. I love the idea of using Mei as part of the name, because Mei means sister, and MeiMei means little sister. Gracie Mei sounds so cute together! Mei also reminds me of Granny's first name, Edmée, so there's a family name connection. We used to laugh about Jennifer's name when she was little, how it ended up so long that it would curve around the margin of the pages of worksheets, and how it must cut into her standardized testing time to bubble in all those letters! :) Please leave comments as to your suggestions or input for Gracie's name!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I think that Gracie Mei is very cute and I think it would be neat for her to have that little bit of china baby in her name! I am soooo excited! another little baby cousin for me to play with!!! Oh and tell uncle Mike that I really will come babysit! I wasn't just joking! :)

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Beijing

New Orleans